WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
- We’ve been attending events, helping with production for others & organising our own fundraising & green field events; promoting environmental education & social justice in a fun and entertaining way.
- Our not-for-profit project is run by a volunteer group – the Community Event Network Café helps us to cover our costs and the remainder is raised through donations, grants and sponsorship.
- We provide Crowd Management & Event Safety training as well as personal development and confidence boosting courses predominantly for people who are long term unemployed due to disability, learning difficulties, mental health issues etc. As part of their training volunteers gain experience, opportunities and self-worth in the lovely, nurturing, supportive and inclusive environments at these festivals and events.
- At events last year, like at the Green Party National Conference, our volunteers are helping others out by proving the solar powered rig for stages, PA’s, Health & Safety & Security Consultation and services: risk assessment and on-going control of risks and hazards; recruitment, training & management of volunteers and stewards team; provision of: décor & dressing of stage tents, radios, event and safety briefings, designated first aiders AND our Community Hub Café has hosted arty crafty workshops, talks and a served up selections of teas, coffee, cakes & yummy home-made meals & snacks, mostly GF, vegan or veggie!
- We’ve run something like 250 places on courses and attended over 20 events since March 2014.
Many of our volunteers progress into paid employment, more volunteering, further education and training.
- Our ‘group’ page lists over 200 members – many of whom are also members of other client led groups/good causes creating a ripple benefit throughout our local community. In turn, often these groups help out regional & national groups too; helping raising lots of money for lots of little & big causes and charities.
- We showcase wellbeing, organic foods, sustainable (and meaningful) lifestyles, renewable energy, innovation & traditional ways. We strongly believe in (and campaign for) inclusion and opportunities for all.
- Our members describe us as “empowering” and “helping people to achieve their potential”